1) Felony Murder: SB 1437 Resentencing Guide:
The Center for Life Without Parole Studies is following the bills detailed below and considers these postings to be informational and should not be interpreted as an endorsement.
1) To amend chapter 217, RSMo, by adding thereto one new section relating to lifetime parole supervision for certain offenders. House Bill # 639.
2) To amend chapter 217, RSMo, by adding thereto one new section relating to parole eligibility. House Bill # 507.
3) Allows a court to reduce a sentence for the offense of armed criminal action under certain circumstances. House Bill # 2071.
4) Allows a court to reduce a life without parole sentence to a sentence of life with eligibility for parole in certain circumstances. House Bill # 2072.
5) Repeal of the death penalty via lethal injection to be replaced by LWOP. Senate Bill # 595.
The Center for Life Without Parole Studies endorses the following bill:
An Act amending Titles 18 (Crimes and Offenses), 42 (Judiciary
and Judicial Procedure) and 61 (Prisons and Parole) of the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes, in authorized disposition of offenders, further providing for sentence of persons under the age of
18 for murder, murder of an unborn child and murder of a law enforcement officer; in sentencing, further providing for sentences for second and subsequent offenses; and, in probation and parole,
further providing for parole power. Senate Bill 942.